With effect from 2 July 2014, this Policy will become a part of the terms and conditions governing your relationship with AESPL (Terms and Conditions) and should be read in conjunction with those Terms and Conditions. This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to AESPL in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which AESPL may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. AESPL collects, uses and discloses Personal Data in order to provide you with an effective, efficient, safe and customised experience.
By continuing to use AESPLs services and products and/or by submitting Personal Data to AESPL through the various channels of collection of Personal Data (listed in Clause 1) by AESPL, you have agreed to have read, understood and be bound by this Policy and any other amendments to this Policy as may from time to time occur. The provision of Personal Data is obligatory in order for AESPL to provide you with the services and products of AESPL.
1. Collection of Personal Data
AESPL collects Personal Data through the following channels:
- When you step into any AESPL school or centre
- When you provide Personal Data, either face-to-face with AESPL employees, on paper, via email, via our website, over the telephone, through a third party, and/or by any other means
- When you leave Personal Data for us to contact you
- When you leave Personal Data in response to any of our marketing initiatives and promotions, and any events organised by AESPL
- When a third party provides us with your Personal Data
2. Purposes for the Collection, Use or Disclosure of Personal Data
i) AESPL collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes in connection with the products and services which you have applied for (collectively Purposes), to the extent applicable:
- responding to and handling of your queries and requests;
- processing your application for any of the products or services offered by us;
- providing the products and services applied for by you;
- facilitating, administering, managing and / or maintaining your relationship with us;
- handling complaints and customer feedback;
- contacting you for service, product or customer satisfaction surveys and market research;
- monitoring or recording phone calls or other customer interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
- generating financial, regulatory management or other related reports and performance of analytics;
- safety, security, regulatory bodies and legal compliance;
- legal purposes;
- conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
- organising educational, promotional and marketing events in relation to products and services offered by AESPL;
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
ii) Your Personal Data held by AESPL shall be kept confidential. However, in order to carry out the Purposes, AESPL may share your Personal Data with our related corporations and third parties (including but not limited to vendors providing operational services including those relating to consultancy, computer software, technology systems, data and website hosting, audit, finance and accounting, billing, training, testing, examination bodies and their agents (where relevant), business continuity, records retention and print management).
iii) AESPL shall use its best endeavours to ensure that its employees, officers, agents, consultants, contractors and such other third parties mentioned above shall observe and adhere to the terms of this Policy.
iv) By providing Personal Data relating to a third party (including but not limited to your dependant, spouse, children and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the Purposes.
By allowing the collection of Personal Data referred to in Clause 1, you shall deemed to have given consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data for the Purposes. You may withdraw your consent given for any or all Purposes by giving us notice in writing. If you withdraw your consent to any or all Purposes and depending on the request, AESPL may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you. Your withdrawal may be considered a termination by you of any contractual relationship which you may have with us and may, in certain circumstances, be a breach of your contractual obligations, and our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
AESPL will, unless in exceptional circumstances, upon your written request to our Administrator, allow you to view your stored Personal Data. An administrative fee will be charged for this.
AESPL will retain your Personal Data to the extent one or more of the Purposes for which it was collected remains valid, for other legal or business purposes for which retention may be necessary and where required by the law.
6. Transfer Of Information Overseas
Personal Data may be transmitted to data storage facilities where AESPL keeps its database. These data storage facilities may be in Singapore or overseas.
As Personal Data is provided by you, we require your assistance to ensure that this is current, complete and accurate. Please inform us in writing of any changes to Personal Data.
AESPL takes the security and protection of Personal Data very seriously. AESPL shall use its best endeavours to make reasonable security arrangements to protect Personal Data against loss or theft, unauthorized access and undue disclosure.
9. Update of Policy
AESPL will amend this Policy from time to time and the updated version will be posted on our website. The English version of this Policy will prevail in the event of any inconsistencies between the English version and a translated version. If you have any queries or feedback regarding the Policy please do not hesitate to email our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com